+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jarragi & Maku a.k.a The Time Un-bound

Jarragi & Maku a.k.a The Time Un-bound

Name: Jarragi

Pet Name: Maku

Role: Firepower

Description:
    Has his kit focus lots on having Maku around to deal more damage and gain benefits

================================================== ==============

Primary (Blast) Spear Mastery
    -Targeter type = Line, short or Line, medium
    -Description:
    Stabs enemies within reach dealing damage to all hit or throws spear in an arc to an enemy within range but stops the first enemy hit

2 (Prep) Call of the wild (CD 3)(Free)
    - Targeter type = Line
    - Description:
    Calls in Maku to battle with him during Prep. Maku enters the field dashing to Jarragi during Dash. Maku stays on the field for 3 turns.

3 (Blast) Hunting Wolf (CD 4)
    - Targeter type = choose enemy within area, area= 5 by 5
    - Description:
    Commands Maku to strike an enemy, dealing med damage Slowing and Revealing if it hits them. This ability can be used without Maku around, but any enemy hit will just be Slowed and this ability will deal less damage.

4 (Dash) Hound Dash (CD 3) (Can only be used if there Maku is in battle)
    - Targeter type= Line, long
    - Description:
    Jarragi calls Maku to come to him during prep, then during dash rides on Maku and dashes away while dealing small damage to enemies in the line.

Ult (Prep) Night of The Hunt (100 energy)(only when Maku is around) (Free)
    - Targeter type= Circle, Wide
    - Description:
    Maku howls during prep, Weakening and Tracking (Grey's reveal thingy) all enemies within the radius. Then during Blast, Maku strikes a Tracked enemy of choice dealing large damage.

(Maku stays where he is sent to and can stay on 1 square with Jarragi or a team mate)

================================================== ==================================================
    Mods
    ================================================== ==================================================
    Primary:
    (2) Javelin = Increase range of throw
    (3) Thrust = Increase damage of stab
    (1) Blood Hunter = Reveal an enemy hit by throw when Maku is around

Founder
    Okay, a pet system Freelancer. New, I get that, unique it can be. Could you specify what type of animal Maku is? This would limit (which is good) to what arsenal the Freelancer has at their will. The kit is standard and solid, I can personally see what sequence of abilities I would cast. But the ultimate sounds underwhelming, 'Pack Hunt'. It sounds more like a buff for yourself, allies, maybe also Maku. The concept of bringing an enemy to you is one of Rampart's kit which is not even his ultimate ability, making the attention that Jarragi recieve much less. A few ideas I could think of would have Maku, 'Scavenge' sending Maku in a skillshot path searching for an enemy and if it finds them will root them in place (Blast phase). Or 'Hound alarm', Maku releases a howl that if in range to him will reveal their location for the turn (Prep phase).

I don't see the benefit of bringing an enemy closer to Jarragi because his kit seems to focus on ranged gameplay and attacking behind corners with Maku.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkShield View Post
    Okay, a pet system Freelancer. New, I get that, unique it can be. Could you specify what type of animal Maku is? This would limit (which is good) to what arsenal the Freelancer has at their will. The kit is standard and solid, I can personally see what sequence of abilities I would cast. But the ultimate sounds underwhelming, 'Pack Hunt'. It sounds more like a buff for yourself, allies, maybe also Maku. The concept of bringing an enemy to you is one of Rampart's kit which is not even his ultimate ability, making the attention that Jarragi recieve much less. A few ideas I could think of would have Maku, 'Scavenge' sending Maku in a skillshot path searching for an enemy and if it finds them will root them in place (Blast phase). Or 'Hound alarm', Maku releases a howl that if in range to him will reveal their location for the turn (Prep phase).

I don't see the benefit of bringing an enemy closer to Jarragi because his kit seems to focus on ranged gameplay and attacking behind corners with Maku.
    Maku is a Wolf or Hound of sorts (I don't really know). Well I might rework this a little bit though (especially on the ult)

Rework done Now just the Mods

Founder
    I like the change, fits to the role of a 'Firepower' freelancer and adds versatile to the Maku. Can't wait to see the mod options.

+ Reply to Thread