+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Support Reactor- sad state of the game

I see your point.. But if you go invisible and say your communicating with your team and lets just say all 3 have traps and you tell them to put your traps right behind me.... Use retractable leash with your might and pull them through all the traps... That is close to 130 damage right there and of one trap is helio they become scrambled... Pup is a great team work free lancer... But you have to work as a team with him to do great with him

Oh yeah, PuP can do some crazy things when used in conjunction with traps/walls/Grey's ult. Also pretty helpful for Helio/Su-Ren when they ult, and he drags someone close to get hit with the shieldsplosion.

regardless of being beatable or not, there should be a 2 support limit i feel.

Having more than 1 support per team really shouldn't be allowed let alone 3. The game becomes less fun for the team that goes against the team with 2+ supports because it just becomes too cheese and a waste of time.

well seeing as theres 4 team members and only 3 roles limiting a role to only 1 seems too restrictive.

I've also tried the multiple support teams with a couple of people and i must say it's not as easy as it looks especially without proper communication.
    For one you run the risk of overhealing and having to wait for cooldowns while you're getting steamrolled.
    The only success we've had was when we had a good coordinated team on discord but that could be said about any composition when you're teamed up against a PUG.
    Without knowing how well the other team was communicating it's difficult to say such teams are OP so i'm not entirely sure.
    My bet is that the people running these groups are almost always on voice chat and very well coordinated.
    Also i feel like having multiple frontliners is a good way to counter this since they have more health and it becomes very difficult for the supports to do enough damage to get the kills while frontliners can just rush in and bring them out of position with knockbacks and pulls.
    I remember playing a couple of games against triple supports while we had 2 frontliners, 1 support and 1 firepower and that worked very well.
    On the other hand the Su ren/Helio combo is a very powerfull strategy.
    The infamous wombo combo with the black hole and wall together with su ren's dash and ult is absolutely devastating but again relies on very good communication and positioning.

For those if us who think the devs could gather enough information on a character within the first few hours, or even the first day, keep learning curves in mind.

It will take longer than a day for players to grasp and finesse the play style of a new class, and even longer for players to figure out successful strategies against a comp that includes the new class.

Quote Originally Posted by TripSin View Post
    This guy got so mad that he lost one game where he did a lot of damage which was countered by a lot of healing that he made this wall of text crying about it and calling the entire game fundamentally flawed? LOL

My experience is similar to inflatable, which is the OPPOSITE of the OP in that in my experience the team with 3 supports has been more likely to lose owing to lack of damage.

When the new character is a support you're obviously going to be seeing a lot more supports in matches since many people will be wanting to try out the new character. Maybe this obvious logic isn't realized by OP.

This is my experience that three support teams rarely go well unless your firepower is excellent. If you wind up going 1 front liner and 3 support I have not managed to win a game like that yet. The biggest issue is damages do more than heals do if your opponents focus fire on as much as possible on one/two targets you can burn through that target faster than they can heal it. Other than Su Ren most support are pretty immobile once they blow their cata they don't have much else. Quark has some jump ability but he is also one of the squishiest of heroes and he has to stay in pretty close proximity to friends and foes to do his job. If you focus on quark you should be able to blow him up pretty reasonably as his self support abilities other than his ult are very weak.

Generally on games I have actually won with three support it was mostly because the opponents did not focus fire if you spread the damage pretty evenly across my team healing that is pretty easy to do for a three support team.

Founder
    wouldn't nerfing supports make having a single support much less desirable?

+ Reply to Thread