+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Support Reactor- sad state of the game

Exclamation Support Reactor- sad state of the game

This is what Atlas Reactor has become recently, when people realised multiple supports wins the games.

You just cant kill anything if they have 3 supports. And the team's chances of victory in the match are proportional to amount of supports in team.

This game needs anti-support mechanics badly. Mortal strikes (healing debuff), shield breakers, shield stealing... Something that would make supports balanced. Right now its a joke. When they can just rotate aoe heals, shields, ultimates, and still dish dmg while rendering whole team unkillable. Either implement those anti-healing, anti-shielding mechanics or simply limit number of supports per team to 1. And I would advise you to do it quick, before more people realise how silly this is. That is a huge oversight in your gameplay balance devs...

Did several passes of Juno's ultimate trough their team, hitting 4/4, 3/4 and minimum 2/4 each pass with mod that ramps dmg up, dished almost thousand dmg, and not a single kill achieved. Not even close... That makes me think the only way to increase chances of winning is to play support myself aswell.

The new Sure-Win character's aoe healing and the godmode ultimate just adds insult to injury. Whole team forming up in a crowd, not being affraid of the aoe, cause Sure-Win gonna keep them all alive easily anyway, and other supports will fill the gaps between her cooldowns and ultimates. Its just sad to watch.

That said for the first time im fed up with this game, going to read a book instead. Maybe tommorrow developers will realise their mistake.

Yah, you're right, i saw this too.

2 supports make game very hard, but 3+ is just unplayable. Its too easy to escape/run to heal and then back again to fight with full health. Yesterday i did around 800 damage with Zuki and lost the game, where enemy team had 3 supports.

And its impressive, how all games like this (LoL,Hots, etc) make new released heros OP. This new hero has 2 dashes in a row, a AoE 24 heal with just 3cd, and a GOD ult with 100 shield + damage on next turn.

As usual, devs don't test their own game.

I'd personally believe the answer to something like this could find its way into a 3rd Catalyst alongsides Brain Juice and Second Wind, so that every freelancer has a chance to counterplay such a setup - Perhaps a third Catalyst that would provide a buff to shred through shields or something (50% of damage dealt going through shields during the next turn).

I've played against triple support several times and only lost I think once. the sample size is too small to conclude anything, and people have only been playing against Su-Ren for THREE DAYS and maybe haven't figured out ways to counterplay her. give it time before you start yelling the sky's falling.

that said, triple support is p. much a circlej--- and it's very frustrating to play against, especially with a pug.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

5.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #5
    Trion Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuipex View Post
    As usual, devs don't test their own game.
    The amount of data you can generate internally is always limited when compared to the massive amount the live player base can generate. This isn't about testing or not as you can never test every composition or variation of a team against another. This is why the data is collected and watched very closely after release of any new "thing" in any game.

you can always 4v4 just supports....

its not unfair when you can do the same

This guy got so mad that he lost one game where he did a lot of damage which was countered by a lot of healing that he made this wall of text crying about it and calling the entire game fundamentally flawed? LOL

My experience is similar to inflatable, which is the OPPOSITE of the OP in that in my experience the team with 3 supports has been more likely to lose owing to lack of damage.

When the new character is a support you're obviously going to be seeing a lot more supports in matches since many people will be wanting to try out the new character. Maybe this obvious logic isn't realized by OP.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    The amount of data you can generate internally is always limited when compared to the massive amount the live player base can generate. This isn't about testing or not as you can never test every composition or variation of a team against another. This is why the data is collected and watched very closely after release of any new "thing" in any game.
    Not only that but the reason devs do alpha and beta is to test. The devs also play the game and test regularly. I have kytsu on my friends list and I saw him go in to some matches the other day. Put it simply saying they don't is ignorance.

I've both won and lost these matches on both the playing-as-supports side and the play-vs-supports side. There's a bit of a weird mini-meta in mass support games where things like wise target switching & burst damage can be just as important (or even more so) as scoring big AoE attacks. If you do score a support KO, it's often easy for the attacking team to snowball into a few more.

I'm not going to either defend nor slander Su-Ren at this point: She's still at the point where she's new enough that people are going to spam-pick her regardless. But I don't think this is the type of problem that demands huge, sweeping changes to game mechanics to counter one thing that's been going on for less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    Well, we don't need any scientist to discover that support in this game is ridiculous more eficient than any other role. They still can heal even while attacking in the same turn. If you play few matchs, just one day, you already can see this. You don't need thousand of players testing, or study for a year. Just play this game for one entire day, and its done. Its far more easy to run/escape/hide and heal anytime than try to chase and finish any enemy with low hp. And a group of 2~4 supports just move together, stack their heals and keep dpsing enemies to the death. There's nothing to do against them. You can't dps more than their heal. Its too hard to predict their movements to keep dpsing in the same ratio as their heal, that will happen every round, dont matter their position.

Other than supports, is Pup freelancer. Has high melee damage, that can return heal (mod), a charge that ignores cover and also chase the target, a might/invisiblity buff for 3 turns, that let him be everywhere, a grip that deals 30 damage, reveal enemy and force him to chase you, and also a AoE ult that scramble enemies, plus his 160 base HP. Any player focused by Pup is dead, period... Its a guaranteed kill.

Yes, do alpha and beta tests, and then release the game with these problems, is a major problem/lack of test.

+ Reply to Thread