+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Loading screen names.

Loading screen names.

Why there are those #numbers crudely sticked to the nicknames? It simply turns all players' nicknames into what resembles random strings of text, resulting in people not even reading them - there is a chance people will play together some matches and wont even notice. Its human nature i guess, that when you are presented with a name or a word you read it, but if you are presented with some random string of text you just accept it as random string of text.

In the after-game summary those ID numbers are gone and it looks much better. Why making all those unlockable background images if the big chunk of the tab is polluted with those unneeded numbers?

You may play with:

Godzilla
    DukeNukem
    YourMom
    Dylan

or you can play with some random guys with random strings of text attached to them:

Godzilla#8721
    DukeNukem#8710
    YourMom#1103
    Dylan#4091

Whats easier to read and get familiar with?

Just my 2 cents on the quality there. The little things is what changes perception of the product's quality in the eyes of new players. Im not picky. It wont make me lose my sleep in the night - i just wish the game the best. Perhaps it might be also my proffesional deviation, but this look of loading screen names just make the panda in me sad.

yea... i dont think it looks good...

and the only way i see that its good to add the #xxxx is to add someone after the game... but you can easily click on them in the recap and add them then... so........ yea.... lolz

3.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #3
    Community Manager
    What happens if you play against Godzilla#8721 this game, and Godzilla#2216 the next game? how are you going to know that it isn't the same person

Are you trying to tell me there really ARE 9059 other people named "obliviondoll" playing Atlas Reactor?

Thats something i don't like too. At least that number should be smaller and in a darker colour or something like that. Two reasons:

- it's hard to read a name
    - it is really unaesthetic

6.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #6
    Community Manager
    No obliviondoll, but there COULD be! That's kind of the point of the #xxxx. It allows players to choose their names without having to worry if it's taken. I see your point in game, but just letting you know there is a reason behind it.

Don't worry, I got it. I was being a little silly with that reply.

Also I'm happy with my number because it's OVER 9000! :P

I'm #96something... is it going to tip over into five digits soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    No obliviondoll, but there COULD be! That's kind of the point of the #xxxx. It allows players to choose their names without having to worry if it's taken. I see your point in game, but just letting you know there is a reason behind it.
    Just make the second part with numbers grey. It will make Nicknames easy to read.

TrumpVoter#2016

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    What happens if you play against Godzilla#8721 this game, and Godzilla#2216 the next game? how are you going to know that it isn't the same person
    Like if someone would memorise the random numbers next to nicknames... If i would play with Godzilla#5132 and then with Godzilla#6348 I woudlnt even notice the difference in the random numbers.
    The only use of those numbers would be if i would have them both in friends and wanted to whisper one of them trough /w command.

System needs it to differentiate users, but players dont need that info presented everywhere, wherever nicknames are presented. Such numbers should be visible in player's profile, not everywhere, turning nicknames into those horrible things that looks like a random strings of characters.

+ Reply to Thread