+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Free mode players cant spend ISO coins?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9

    Free mode players cant spend ISO coins?

    Its real? Free mode players can receive ISO but can't spend? Serious?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Orc Land, Middle Earth
    Posts
    122
    That's not a limitation that I've seen any mention of anywhere before. If it is currently working that way, I hope that's a glitch.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9
    Im trying to purchase a new basic skin, and i receive this message: "You must own the game to obtain items directly with ISO."
    Trion is the most greedy company i ever seen.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuipex View Post
    Im trying to purchase a new basic skin, and i receive this message: "You must own the game to obtain items directly with ISO."
    Trion is the most greedy company i ever seen.
    If you do not have the full version of it then that is the limitation. You can only buy skins with ISO when you own the game as free mode is more of a glorified demo. The devs have mentioned that they can't fix what is put on steam so don't blame them for what is out of their hands.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9
    Can't fix? ffs... Everything made by trion is totally p2w. Whats the point? Free players will eventually play, gaining ISO coins, and after months, they'll be "forced" to buy the game, otherwise, their reward will be useless.

    Just see what they did with Rift, beginning with a "soft" cash shop when f2p started and now its completely p2w based. You can buy everything, even top tier gear, patrons have extra quest with top tier equipment, more charges in pvp, lfg, higher exp,token,currency,rep rates, discount in cash shop, and much more. What about labor potions, thunderstruck tree and boxes in archeage?

    While WoW just charge the last released expansion, and give everything else for free, Rift force new players to buy everything released until now, costing around $300 to play the complete game. Its ridiculous. Trion is the most greedy company ever. Never saw anything like this.

    Anyway Atlas Reactor will just be forgotten in few months if Trion keep this billing model. Its pathetic players be unable to buy freelancers using in-game currency.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Orc Land, Middle Earth
    Posts
    122
    By "can't fix what is put on Steam", I think skyman was meaning with regard to the game being listed as "free-to-play" when the free mode is more like a trial access than a truly free full game.

    Honestly, the previous loot matrix restriction seemed reasonable to me, but not allowing free players to spend ISO seems a bit overly-restrictive. I'd prefer it if they allowed free players to use ISO, but reinstated the time limit on matrix access - but preferably with a shorter limit like maybe 12 hours or something.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by obliviondoll View Post
    By "can't fix what is put on Steam", I think skyman was meaning with regard to the game being listed as "free-to-play" when the free mode is more like a trial access than a truly free full game.

    Honestly, the previous loot matrix restriction seemed reasonable to me, but not allowing free players to spend ISO seems a bit overly-restrictive. I'd prefer it if they allowed free players to use ISO, but reinstated the time limit on matrix access - but preferably with a shorter limit like maybe 12 hours or something.
    Well, 36 hours is really too much... you gain more matrix than this period, so you can't use them all. Anyway, restrict free players to spend coins is really pathetic.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuipex View Post
    Can't fix? ffs... Everything made by trion is totally p2w. Whats the point? Free players will eventually play, gaining ISO coins, and after months, they'll be "forced" to buy the game, otherwise, their reward will be useless.
    I'm unsure how one can associate p2w with anything you can purchase with ISO. Skins, emblems, banners, emoticons and the like present no tactical advantage.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokai View Post
    I'm unsure how one can associate p2w with anything you can purchase with ISO. Skins, emblems, banners, emoticons and the like present no tactical advantage.
    Actually, you can't purchase anything with ISO. Just players that bought the game can. Atlas Reactor isn't p2w yet, but if you played Rift, just remember when they changed to f2p method. There was just cosmetics and small boosts in cash shop, nothing important. But as time goes by, they changed it to massive p2w, where you can buy everything and the more you spent, more you get stronger. Its just a question of time to Atlas Reactor be p2w, as all Trion's games.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    its funny because overwatch and a few other games is b2p just like atlas yet that no one complains about the other games being b2p even tho atlas is cheaper then games i have seen be buy to play the devs openly said the game is a demo for free to play the fact they say "Try Atlas Reactor for Free" basiclly saying its a demo

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts