+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Su-ren balance

Su-ren balance

With the heal CD increased to 3, I find myself having to run away and running out of ranged abilities to use, even against the dumb bots. I don't feel like she has the necessary HP pool to stay in the fight, nor short enough CDs to do enough from range. I think the heal CD at 3 probably makes more sense than the 2 it was at, but maybe Spirit Bend should be 3 as well, rather than 4.

Alternatively, or maybe additionally, I think her HP could use a bump from 140. 140 health and only being able to heal yourself for, at most, 22 every 4 turns isn't enough to make use of her primary attack. Maybe if the heal mods also affected Su-ren it would be enough?

Anyway, she feels too squishy to stay close, and she quickly runs out of things to do from range.

Agree with Avaki, i was wondering why the mods for the healing don't affect herself also being the "frontline" support with 140 hp is very risky.

agreed. Aurora has more throughput, attacks from range, and a reliable 30+ point heal on a 3 turn cooldown. just having a (predictable) dash doesn't warrant shaving off 20 hp, especially if you want Su-Ren to stay in melee range.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

Her dash really should not be an argument for 140 health, as Quark has a much better dash and 150 base health.

Noting I've only played bot games with another support in every game her HP does indeed seem low as well as her contribution since you do have to get out of harms way so much so most damage done is single target because of this and you end up healing yourself mainly with Serenity. I have yet to play her with no support in my team and tbh Im terrified. Yoloqueue is going to hurt today.

I think she's a little overpowered. AoE healing is only available on one other healer (Quark), and is an Ult...hers is just standard, on a good cooldown. She has TWO dashes (Again, Quark is the only other support with a dash, and he can only use his once....and with the same restrictions as her), so she has the potential to avoid damage 3 times with her catalyst...and a round after, her dashes are back up. She has good damage for a support, AoE, and her ultimate is pretty much Helio's...but a ton better, providing good damage, a better shield, and potential healing if it's not used.

She needs a nerf pretty bad, or at least a decrease in the usefulness of her heal or dash.

her ultimate is worse than Helio's (100 shields for 1 turn vs. 60 shields for 3 or 80 for 2 turns and max. 50 damage vs. 52 or 78), her heal has a meager 2 tile range, which means that with a ranged team, you'll only hit one other target with it most of the time. as for the argument of hers being the only aoe heal in game, hello Dr. Finn, who can do up to 30 aoe healing on a same cooldown and across a much larger distance with more targets on average, and Aurora's ult with the same base values, damage that goes through walls and amazing range. her dash requires ideal positioning if you want to reliably use it twice in a row. and once you've used it, you're either too far away to do anything, or in the middle of a crowd of enemies with no means of escape. as someone who plays mainly support, I find her healing throughput potentially high but rather unreliable, compared to Aurora or Quark. she also puts herself at much more risk than the other supports due to the limited range of her heal and primary.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

Her ultimate is WAY better than Helios. Unless you think that absorbing 60 damage is better than 100, and if it doesn't work, getting HEALED *AND* Dealing damage. Even if it lasts 2 rounds, it's normally gone in 1. Her 'meager' heal does plenty of damage, and she can dash to people and use it. Or have people dash to her and use it. Having it go off in the blast phase is amazing.

Dr.Finn's heal doesn't even compare, as Su's heals more and more consistently. Add in a dash that heals (for a potential 28, can negate ultimates, and allows her to avoid damage...) and she has the most healing in the game, hands down. Along with the most dodges...which are on the shortest cooldown. It doesn't even require 'ideal positioning', as you can dash MANY spaces with it. And no, you can dash to a ally who's NOT in a cluster of enemies. Her damage is good (can heal herself per enemy hit, has 2 'firing methods' for what works best), and her ability to buff AND debuff is pretty stellar.

The only way one can consider Su-ren 'underpowered' is if they have no concept of balance in the first place. Just having 3 potential dashes back-to-back-to-back makes her a far cry above any other hero, much less any other support, which normally has...ONLY the catalyst.

+ Reply to Thread