+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is this still a Pay to Play game? why can't you buy the heroes through any method other than real money?

Why is this still a Pay to Play game? why can't you buy the heroes through any method other than real money?

the game is simply well done and amazingly fun, But why is it that you have to pay real money to buy the heroes?
    the developers can easily still make a constant good amount of money from putting all the skins of the heroes on the market, to be only pay to get kind of deal, without the need of forcing players to buy the game in order to get the heroes they need.
    im not gonna get into the details of how successful this is, and inviting for new & more players to play the game, without feeling forced to pay for anything.

all i can say is, it worked for League of Legends, DOTA, SMITE, and so on.

trust me, if the players are satisfied with your game, and enjoy the feeling of not feeling forced to pay for the core of the game, they will eventually buy more than you can handle of skins, just make the heroes for free already! or in better words, make it possible to buy the heroes with ingame currency that we can gain just by playing games, and one can still buy the heroes with real money if they wish to...

I played a ton in the beta with an unlocked account but am playing Free Mode until the price point drops to ~$10 or so. I personally feel that Free Mode is pretty fair and although it only gives you like 30% of the Freelancers, 90% of the game's experience is intact. I would never expect any game to be able to successfully implement Dota 2's F2P model but I prefer Atlas Reactor's business model to League of Legends by far. Atlas Reactor is, after all, a very niche game.

Very simple, you pay once for the entire package after that the only things you would ever have to buy and only if you want to is loot matices. Unlike the other games you mentioned you have to pay real money for the currency needed to easily bypass grinding, in this case you pay what is now $30 usd if you didn't buy it when it was cheaper and get all characters now and forever. The devs also have very fine reasons besides that, one of them being that it's more punishing to break a rule if you buy full access and thus weeds out rule breakers pretty easily and the free mode is more of a demo.

Because they won't have near the amount of people playing this game, and they don't have the financial resources to take a hit years in a row before they turn a profit.
    Plus, they don't have a dedicated skin team. The skins in this game are mostly just recolors, and not as many people are going to drop considerable money on reskins. (Check out the negativity toward chromas in LoL)

Pay to play is fine. Its a one time payment and its how games have been done for many many years.

The game is cheap and if you spend any amount of time playing it, the price is worth it.

the free play is like a forever demo, you can grind till you can afford it or it goes on sale. when you do buy it, you get everything you unlocked already to keep and use anytime. also some options of the game are only open to paid players, ranked, customs, ect..
    there's more reason to buy than just owning all the heroes.

+ Reply to Thread