+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Getting to level 20 - Worth it? Can't buy the unlocked skin.

It sounds to me as if you dont want to put in the work.... like I said you could byt 60 loots for dollars and im sure you would get close to 10k in loots... It took me like 5 days to get the 1500 for the vfx for pup... I pesonally dont like pups master skins anyways... I like the other color combinations better.... and the are easily obtainable.... that being said I will probably save up the money for it just to show that I have one of them.... the game is fun and to grind way is something Im going to do anyways... if I could get everything that easy I would be dissapointed.... that is like playing a Final Fantasy game.... expecting 80-120 hours of game play and beating it in 20 hours... it is underwhelming and disapointing... So just grind it out and get them..

You can do it... you love the game.... you enjoy... just forget about and have something to look forward to... you have 3300 after 1 1/2 weeks of gameplay which means in just over a month you should have the funds... that is a decent timetable to get the hardest thing to achieve.... your looking for quick satisfaction... if that is the case get the smaller skins.... the long term satisfaction is the mastery skins I dont want anyone who just grinded to level 20 to get it... and im pretty sure it might pop up once unlocked in freelance specifice matrices every 5 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Ryden View Post
    It sounds to me as if you dont want to put in the work.... like I said you could byt 60 loots for dollars and im sure you would get close to 10k in loots...

the long term satisfaction is the mastery skins I dont want anyone who just grinded to level 20 to get it... and im pretty sure it might pop up once unlocked in freelance specifice matrices every 5 levels
    I think my points may have been missed. Please refer to my last post on page 2.

Working for and earning something is awesome. What I am doing is questioning ISO (which appears to be something that can be purchased in a sense through loot matrix's) as a valid measure of someone's mastery of a freelancer. Increasing the required master skin level to 50 or even 100, for instance, would be perfectly awesome in my book. Measuring someones mastery of a class based on how much money they put into the game seems off to me. But maybe I'm in the minority, what do you think? Should money = mastery skin?

Mastery of a game = all items required, it gets easier to get ISO as the game progresses because you get more duplicates items... Mastery of a game equals all items obtained... It is to say to get to level 20 and get that skin.. 10000 ISO is not that much... I got 1600 in like 4 days... And ok not paying it all day, I have a job and a wife. U don't have to put money in the game to get it... But a mastery skin should cost way more... Again final fantasy...... The best item is like 1 million monies
    .. Why the second best is one like one hundred thousand monies...

I get what your saying, but having that much ISO is part of mastery of the game imo. There is made to be such a gap in purpose that it makes people not want to save to get it and get other things... That is the point... They don't want everybody at lvl 20 having a master skin.. They want then few and far between.

All items = mastery ISO gets way easier once you get all items cause of duplicates... Once you get every item you will easily get 3-600 ISO per loot

Plus this game is meant to level everyone to 5 then 20 then 15 then 20... I'd you do it like that you will have way way over 10k once you get to level 20 with any character

I'd like to add some ideas to the "Why level beyond 20?"

The possibility of even more unique skins at each 10 levels that lessen in cost of ISO.

I know this would be really hard also but being able to interchange hair color, armor and weapon for the perfect combo would be incredible at level 50 perhaps another at level 100 making me want to buy Master skins no matter there cost and keep playing my fave freelancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

The possibility of even more unique skins at each 10 levels that lessen in cost of ISO.

I know this would be really hard also but being able to interchange hair color, armor and weapon for the perfect combo would be incredible at level 50 perhaps another at level 100 making me want to buy Master skins no matter there cost and keep playing my fave freelancers.
    This is a great idea. I would love this mechanic and it would be great to have these rewards for continuing to play as your favorite freelancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

That is an excellent idea! +1000 on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Seris View Post
    I am in the 80s as well in terms of season level, but I barely have 5k iso and I haven't purchased anything. How can you have 116k iso?
    Yeah, sorry Seris, i bought the 100 bucks game when it was alpha, so perhaps thats why i'm so far ahead on ISO.

And what Kiwi said sounds very good aswell!

I'm also a fan of Kiwi's suggestion.

Thought of another alternative, too: EITHER level 20 + paying the curent ISO cost as normal, OR unlockable with a character-themed mission. Win X matches as the Freelancer, as a basic one. Maybe a challenge to land multi-hits with AoE attacks, rebound trick shots, and the like.

i think i read something about the devs not wanting specific things like that for rewards cause that would hinder some of then normal gameplay (people would only focus to do the mission and not actually play as a team). But i'm all game for more missions and stuff like that for rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by cEEKAY View Post
    i think i read something about the devs not wanting specific things like that for rewards cause that would hinder some of then normal gameplay (people would only focus to do the mission and not actually play as a team). But i'm all game for more missions and stuff like that for rewards!
    That concern was why I mentioned "win X matches as the Freelancer" as a simple variant. That way you're not going to sacrifice your performance as a team player just to hit the mission target - because the mission target IS to be a good team player.

+ Reply to Thread