+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Juno and her design

Juno and her design

Greetings everyone,

i'd like to talk about Juno's design, not about her abilities and strenghts/weaknesses.. it is too early to judge that.. but her look is something that shocked me. So far i liked all Freelancers, obviously some more than the others, but none of them went really "out of line" .. except Juno. Atlas Reactor clearly showed us, that they are not taking things too serious and i like that. Freelancers making jokes when you play, video trailers that have been released are fun to watch and the overall game graphics is a bit cartoon, which is completly fine. So we don't need to have everything too much serious and some Freelancers like Quark for example fits into the game perfectly as well as some more serious Freelancers like Blackburn. I really like both serious and fun Freelancers.... But Juno kinda crossed the line for me. Now im going to try avoid all jokes that comes to my mind and take this post serious, as a feedback. Juno simply looks like a 35 years old fat mother with 2 big weapons... And it is not cool. This is a shooting game, there are not supposed to be fat mothers with machine guns... It makes no sense and looks simply stupid. I could imagine a robot instead of her, maybe some strong guy, maybe some kind of creature or alien..... Basically whatever that makes a little bit of sense. Not a fat mother with machine guns. I find this desing simply horrible.

Anyway, thats my opinion/feedback and people have different "taste" for the game designs so i'll be happy if anyone shares his opinion. Take it as a feedback, im not trying to start a flame :P i'd just like to open up a discussion, because i saw a lot of people having the same opinion in chat and i completly understand them =)

Have a nice day everyone! =)

Will it help if Trion tells you she's not a mother?

Pju, please tell us that is so!

Eh. The only problem I have with Juno theme-wise is that she is very heavily cliched into the "sassy black woman." She's thick, that's not the same as dumpy by default. There are olympic athletes with roughly her build to be honest (google it.)

ITT: People with unrealistic standards of how others should look.

LOL get over it dude. People don't always look how you want them to. She looks fine.
    If I had to complain, it would be the hair though. In the concept art they had some pretty awesome hair designs for her that I liked better. But, overall she is just fine.

Does no one else feel like sassy black woman is overdone?

Quote Originally Posted by emyrion View Post
    Does no one else feel like sassy black woman is overdone?
    about as much as crafty gunslinger, bazooka babe, cutesy child-like healer/killer, etc.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

You make a fair point.

I personaly dislike idea of promoting unhealthy living. This game takes place kinda in a future so one would think that ppl understood that beeing fit is good for your health and beeing overwaith simply is not. But thn again USA has the biges number of fat ppl so thim actualy could be standard there.

Quote Originally Posted by MeH View Post
    I personaly dislike idea of promoting unhealthy living. This game takes place kinda in a future so one would think that ppl understood that beeing fit is good for your health and beeing overwaith simply is not. But thn again USA has the biges number of fat ppl so thim actualy could be standard there.
    Her design looks more cartoonishly muscular than fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MeH View Post
    Healthy living? How many Freelancers in the game are amputees with artificial limbs?! Lancing is dangerous yo.

Seriously though, not everyone has the same shape. Juno has a large frame, big shoulders, big hips, the girl is big-boned. She's going to have the meat to match. It's not like she's rotund and looks like she can't get off the couch. She's just a large person.

+ Reply to Thread