+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ping reveals enemy location?

Ping reveals enemy location?

So, today I was trying to tell my team mates where I thought the enemy PuP would be. He had escaped with low health and I saw a camouflage zone in the fog being red. So when trying to give guesses and directions, I pinged "enemy". And suddenly it went "Talonite wants to attack Quark" (enemy Quark, yes.) So we knew that Quark was right there! He indeed came from that spot after the end of the turn. That got me mildly irritated. I will do more testing later today on custom maps, maybe it only occurs rarely, since it has only happened to me that one time. I will update this Thread after some more testing.

Oh, if it is of any importance: It happened on the new map of the Reactor.

EDIT: You can not find hidden enemies by just clicking on their spots, whether they are out of line of sight and in the fog of war, nor if they're in stealth or a camouflage zone.
    Certain exceptions though seem to trigger a bug with the new ping system. Thanks to Aired and friends I was able to find one. In the PVP match right after I found another one. I will not list them here, they will be kept under the hood of private bug reports.

2.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks for the report Talonite. We actually first found / triggered this during an internal playtest yesterday, and I wrote a fix then (and then a fix to the fix today). This should be resolved once those changes go live.

This is good to know. I hope what I sent to Jeff got through to you as well, so you have the entire input from my side.
    And you better know I will test the hell out of your changes once they are live ;P But thank you for doing such a great job.

+ Reply to Thread