+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bringing Free Mode To Atlas Reactor

Hybrid View

1.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #1
    Reactor Team

Bringing Free Mode To Atlas Reactor

When we announced our buy-to-play business model for Atlas Reactor, we promised there would always be ways to check out the game out for free. Since then we’ve been working hard to deliver on that promise.

We want the game to be as accessible as it can be to as many people as possible, and we want it to be generous to its supporters. As a competitive game, the play needs to be 100% fair for everyone.

After a lot of planning and work, we’re happy to announce the upcoming delivery of Free Mode in Atlas Reactor.

HERE’S HOW FREE MODE WORKS

You can play the game for free, using Freelancers from the weekly free rotation. This rotation is unique per player. As you play you’ll earn reward caches, in which hundreds of cosmetic banners, icons, emotes, titles, skins, styles, taunts, and more can be found. There will be a limit on how frequently Free Mode players can open a cache.

One simple purchase unlocks all the Freelancers for all time, removes the cache-opening limitation, enables custom and ranked games, and allows entry in future tournaments. This is the B2P part of the model, and is the core of how you can support Atlas Reactor and its team!

Free Mode (in progress)

WHAT’S NEXT?

Free Mode goes live August 9, and will be available on Steam. We’ll see you there!

We want to thank you all for the terrific feedback you’ve offered us in Beta. The launch of Free Mode accompanies Revised Player Progression, which will make obtaining rewards even clearer and more fun than it is today.

~The Atlas Reactor Team

I did not understand, those who have already purchased the game, too, will suffer from this new model and they have to buy it again to open all Freelancers? Or they have to be all open? Written not entirely clear in this regard Explain to me please.

3.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Osterion View Post
    I did not understand, those who have already purchased the game, too, will suffer from this new model and they have to buy it again to open all Freelancers? Or they have to be all open? Written not entirely clear in this regard Explain to me please.
    If you already bought the game, you will already have the game. You will not be limited to a Free Mode rotation - you will have access to all of the characters, like you do today.

Please open ranked to all B2P players when you do this

Also... no WIP frontliner

Will there be an option (lets say for ingame currency) to buy a Freelancer permanently?
    Lets say i like to play Finn for example.. I have no problem to play few days for other (rotation) Freelancers in order to save up enough in-game currency to buy Finn. Or do i have to just wait and cross my fingers to have Finn avaiable few days per month?

This brings up an important point...

Seeing as how each free player has his own rotation and this differs from another guys free rotation... What to stop free players from creating like 72 accounts and just checking to see which one has a free Finn and use that account?

Also... there's your answer, Sargoth... no changes needed anywhere!

Yes making 72 accounts to be able to play 1 Freelancer i like would work... The question is, does that make sense? Now imagine every free player would do that. Not only it would flood server with thousand of duplicate accounts, screw up statistics that developers look at and in the end, it would annoy the players as well. Would they buy a skin they like? Nope, because they would change the account after the next rotation. But now, lets imagine they would have an option to unlock the Freelancer permanently.. now they would consider buying skins, because they could keep it.

Honestly, show me one game with system like that - Rotation only without perma-unlock playable heroes. I can't think of a single game with system like that... Now look at free games with unlockable content and heroes. Dota, LoL, Smite and tens of other very succesfull games. That system works, cause it gives players a long-term reward (Freelancers) if they earn them. If they don't have that.. their long-term goal would be what? Leveling and obtaining skins for heroes they can't use? Laughable. People who bought the game gets a huge head-start by having all the Freelancers and thus having more resources to use for cosmetics.

It's a pay to play game, think of the "free mode" just as a demo, it is not intended for you to stay "free mode" for the entirety of the time you play the game, they expect you to go "hey this demo of the game is cool, I think I will buy it" and bam, now you have all heros for ever.

I have one, Atlas Reactor.... a game which is.... Unlike any other!

It pays to pay. I'm glad I did.

+ Reply to Thread