+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Revised Player Progression

So basically we're taking the Overwatch approach to lootboxes. Wiping all our current ISO doesn't make any sense; isn't a lot of what we have converted from spent credits? IE real money?
    No doubt these changes are reducing the value of founders packs, I hope Trion doesn't piss off a whole lotta people..

So far, I have enjoyed the current crafting system, and like other players, crafting while waiting in queue makes those long queues more bearable.
    Before the last Beta wipe, I had used ISO to purchase Loot Matrices and taunts. Since then I have held off using ISO for taunts or any other Freelancer cosmetics, because I know that the next wipe will erase whatever taunts and skins I have acquired. Will this ring true for the next wipe?
    I am excited about doing away with the store. I had unlocked several skins for many freelancers. Alot of those skins I have been unable to use because, even though I have pre-purchased the lowest tier, I would have been forced to pay to use the skins that I had unlocked with Loot Matrices, which I felt was unfair.
    With the next wipe coming, will all the skins and taunts that everyone has accumulated (with exception to those who already paid for them) also be wiped?
    I am excited to try the new system and give feedback to make it better. Until then, good day.

So far, I have enjoyed the current crafting system, and like other players, crafting while waiting in queue makes those long queues more bearable.
    Before the last Beta wipe, I had used ISO to purchase Loot Matrices and taunts. Since then I have held off using ISO for taunts or any other Freelancer cosmetics, because I know that the next wipe will erase whatever taunts and skins I have acquired. Will this ring true for the next wipe?
    I am excited about doing away with the store. I had unlocked several skins for many freelancers. Alot of those skins I have been unable to use because, even though I have pre-purchased the lowest tier, I would have been forced to pay to use the skins that I had unlocked with Loot Matrices, which I felt was unfair.
    With the next wipe coming, will all the skins and taunts that everyone has accumulated (with exception to those who already paid for them) also be wiped?
    I am excited to try the new system and give feedback to make it better. Until then, good day.

So as it looks like now, this change will upset basically everyone.

People that bought the most expensive package will be upset because they feel the value droppped.. And i don't blame them. If you compare the cost they paid vs what they get, it really dropped.

People that played for free, sometimes bought few skins or something and they provided a good base of players will now be upset, because they can never play even a single Freelancer they like, if they won't get it in a rotation.. Thats a really wierd step. I could understand spending ingame currency to buy a Freelancer permanently (while those who bought the game have them all, which means they got more ingame currency to spend on cosmetics).. But right now, free players can't play seriously or they can login to game, check today rotation, say "meh, i don't like these" and logoff. Now don't take me wrong, the game is yours and if you decide you want it to be B2P, its completly fine... What is not fine is that you say "We promised a F2P variation and we want to be the game 100% fair to anyone" ... In terms of fairness, its not fair if you can't play a hero you are good with.. or you learn how to play one and then you can't play it for the rest of the month. Simply, its not fair, not to mention that some "combos" are strong and if you are playing with friends, you again have to just hope you will get that hero in the same day as your friends get theirs. I could imagine unlocking Freelancer for ISO, i could imagine unlocking them for season leveling, i could imagine getting "Freelancer points" as you level Freelancers up and for that points, you could unlock new ones, i could imagine daily contracts "unlock a freelancer permanently" or other system... Basically, anything is possible. But as it is now, its a perfect example of a demo version. People might install the game, try it with few heroes and decide if they want to buy the game or not.. For this purpose, it works well... For a long-term F2P playing, it is unplayable and its definitely not fair, as you said. ... You know Glyph, you make a good F2P games, thats what you do and what you are good at.. you proved that with many F2P games you made and running right now... Don't kill this game you made because you want to try something new.

When it comes to crafting, yea, it was fun and could kill the time while waiting for a match, people are right about this.

All in all, im not sure about this change. Founders will be pissed, because they will feel ripped. Free to play players will mostly leave, because they can play a hero they like once a month and the rest who will enjoy the game will be playing matches with the same people again and again, because they will be not that big playerbase.. :-/

I`ve translated patch notes to Russian.
    http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...%231074%3B-amp

WOW... I have no words about it. I bought Trust edition for 100 EU + max credit pack... And this all was useles... Wow. Thanks Trion. Thanks.

I almost dont use any gold skins, because they 4real worst than 10lvl skins, or another. Anyway, they are not so cool.

Will be there really worfy Rewards for Trust edition?

So on Steam a mod mentioned "extras" you were bringing in for Founders, any news on what these might be?

+ Reply to Thread