+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anomaly, the negative pole.

Cool Anomaly, the negative pole.

Anomaly is the name of this abomination and it will be designed to be a different kind of a firepower(wildcard) freelancer.
    Lore
    As Quark being created by the overwhelming energy of the Atlas reactor, after the failed attemp of the Zuki squad to sabotage it, he is all pure energy and emotion; but every coin has two sides, and this side is "Anomaly" created by the residual negative energy liberated from the core of the reactor, this being only seeks more energy and power to subjugate every living form to him and make them part of itself.

(im working on a picture for it.)

This lancer will have a diferent kind of gameplay, based on control buffs or debufs on any character of the map (not literally watch the abilities) and copy the abilities used against it.
    IMPORTANT
    When i said low-medium-high damage i have this numbers on the table:
    Low=10 to 18, medium=19 to 25 ,high= above 26 damage

Abilities

Primary (blast): Negative energy Creates a burst of negative energy on their position.
    It's a point and click targeter that only requieres line of sigh with long range, because is the key ability of this lancer, generates 7 energy.
    Deals a medium~low amount of damage that will let a dark energy residue on the enemy afected and will last 2 turns, this not reveal or has any negative effects, if the enemy affected by the dark energy residue is atacked again with the primary it will explode the residue dealing medium~high damage, has different effects if an ability destoy the residue that you can check below.
    You can scape the influence of the dark energy by staying far away of Anomaly, the dark energy pasive range is a big area. Enemies affected by dark energy will have the debuff called "Haunted"

2(Preparation-Free): Adapt and Destroy (3 turn CD) Anomaly scan the minds of their enemies so he can replicate their powers.
    Another point and click ability that will target a single enemy, long range 5 energy on cast and additional 7 if the affected enemy hurt Anomaly
    If the targeted enemy harm Anomaly; Adapt and Destroy will be replaced by the ability used againts it. If the enemy is affected by the dark energy and atack Anomaly while affected by this ability the Cd of the ability used will increase in 1 ( not affect primary abilities); Enemies affected by Adapt and destroy will show the debuff: Analyzed, can't copy ultimates.

3(Blast phase):Reverse polarity(5 turn CD) Anomaly distort the enemy genes making diseases where it was healthy, and viceversa.
    Point and click ability, medium range, can be use on allies and enemies, generates 4 energy if hits, and extra 4 for each buff/debuff swapped.
    This ability will deal a high amount of damage ( or low~medium and extra damage for each debuff/buff swapped, its on the air)/low heal, this ability is very dangerous enemies OR allies affected by this atack will see their buffs switched into debuffs and vice versa:
    For example if you are hitting an enemy with might to transform it into weaken and an ally grey use poison slow dart, you will give that enemy: Invisible, might and haste so be carefull with this double edge sword, same to allies, never use it to heal allies that are going to buff on that turn. The reverse buff/debuff will last as many turns as they would normally last on that actual turn; if wondering, the oposite of unstopable would be root.
    Enemies affected by the dark energy will have their switched buff/debuff lasting 1 additional turn.

4 (Dash phase): Dematerialize(4 Turn CD) Anomaly travel through the surrounding matter, or replace himself with enemies afflicted by his negative energy.
    Dash a medium distance, or swap positions with an affected enemy in that range, 7 energy on use and extra 5 per enemy affected by the demoralize
    This ability has free targeter or can select an affected enemy by dark energy to swap places, this dash don't deal damage, but if travel to enemies will demoralize them, (demoralize will be the opposite term of energize), if an enemy is swapped they will be insta demoralize and will demoralize every enemy it hits on the way of the swap.

Ult(Blast phase): BLACKOUT! Anomaly expands himself in the ground corrupting all the lifeforms in his range.
    It is an enormous AoE casted on Anomaly itself it ignore walls and cover.
    It will deal medium damage and every enemy hit will be affected by "dark energy" for 4 turns, if an enemy is already affected by the dark energy, blackout will make short AoE explosion that will deal low damage also recasting the new dark energy into that enemy.

Mods
    Primary: Negative energy
      • Unstable energy: If the dark energy doesn't disappear, it will explode at the end of it duration dealing 15 damage to the affected enemy [3 points]
      • Malevolent influence: if the Dark energy is going to disappear, it will jump to the nearest enemy of Anomaly [2 points (base mod in my opinion)]
      • Radioactive energy: Change the point and click atack to an small AoE atack, only put dark energy on one enemy( random or choose by the player after mark the AoE),Negative energy no longer destroy the dark energy if this mod is equiped [2 points]
    Adapt and Destroy
    • Repel: If the enemy ends atacking Anomaly, it will take no damage, but no longer can copy abilities, no longer a free action, can repel ult damage.[1point]
    • DESTROY!: If hitted by multiple enemies, the damage of the copied ability will increase by 5 for each extra enemy that atacked Anomaly.[3 points]
    • Unexpected adaption: if the enemy has mods on the copied ability Anomaly will have that mods too. [2 points base mod]
    Reverse polarity
    • Nulifying polarity: Adds 5 extra damage to Reverse Polarity but it will only destroy the buff/debufs [2 points]
    • Stealer: Steal the buffs as well it keeps debuffing the enemy [3 points base mod]
    • Bad company: increase the heal on allies by 5 and heal itself by 15, if Anomally has debuf they will all replace to the healed ally [2 points]
    Dematerialize
    • Void: Become inmune to damage and debuff in this turn and the dash will become a prep action but it's rooted the next turn [1 point-base mod]
    • Darkened light: Gain 2 additional dashes on the ability to move, every enemy affected by the dashes will by affected by dark energy, no longer swaps, gain 1 extra CD turn. [2 points]
    BLACKOUT!
    • Eternal darkness: Now the dark energy from the ultimate remain until it's triggered by Anomaly or the freelancer dies[2 points base mod]
    • Startling presence: Slows and silence all the enemies affected, no longer penetrates walls or ignore cover. [3 points]

Well i think that was all i have in mind, i'll work on the picture of how i would like it to look, and the new debuffs aswell.

I made the concep art.

If you don't undertand the hand notes, are the next:"black body, red eyes. red sparks coming out of him, "Covered: he is inside the cover creating sparks that tell where he is hiding", "Negative energy, haunted" , "Adapt and destroy, analyzed", "Reverse polarity, Blue ray=buff red ray = debuff" "Dematerialize" , "Blackout! , Yes he is shooting thunders out of its body".

I like the concept of the Freelancer. But if Quark is the anomaly then he is a "cursed" anomaly?

Yeah i put his name before the freelancers alias were out so yeah that screwed me, i think "The Corrupted" will fit it as well.

Nice kit, a few thoughts:

His 1st skill seems interesting, it might be hard to balance though, it's dmg basically changes if you can use it turn after turn and its essentially inescapable for some lancers if you stick a front liner or on them or a reveal from someone else, especially on maps which are small, I'm assuming it would ignore dash phase movement too which is a big part of the game. The 3 point mod seems hit and miss, while it lets you target the fog of war (which on a long long range ability is a big positive) it also chooses targets at random in that AoE which could be an issue for focus fire. I think if you work the average dmg out to be about the same as Zuki's you could make it a skillshot single line like hers, effecting everyone in the AoE. Cover them all in dark energy

2nd skill is interesting, could be very useful, could be very "meh"... you could make it more skill based for both parties (the enemy and the player playing this lancer) if you made it grab the main skill used last turn. That would allow you to more reliably grab something useful. Maybe this could be a mod. I don't think you need to have them attack Anomaly directly though, just let it grab stuff.

The swapping of debuffs seems very cool and with a coordinated team could be really powerful, seems sound.

4 Turn CD on dash seems very low and powerful, perhaps add a mod that reduces the CD some how but up the base CD to 5?

Ultimate mods I assume you mean scramble not silence? Also I see you need another mod for the ultimate, perhaps consider some of the following:

- Allows Anomaly a 4 square dash on the turn its used before it detonates (probably a 3 pointer).
    - Perhaps remove the through walls part of the base skill and add it as a 1 pointer as ignore cover and go through walls.

You could remove the slow from the current 3 pointer and have scramble as a 2 pointer I think.

When we say Massive AoE are we talking 5x5 like Big One?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

When we say Massive AoE are we talking 5x5 like Big One?
    Like quarks ult range or Orion range

+ Reply to Thread