+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meridius - The Vocal Vampire

Meridius - The Vocal Vampire

Name: Meridius - The Vocal Vampire
    Role: Frontline - Tank/Support

Job: Meridius is frontliner with support like abilities thanks to his Drain capabilities and various status effects. He does not gain Energy on his own, but instead absorbs it from his enemies and gives it out to his allies. He has generally low damage, but can disrupt enemies and keep them from using their Ultimates for a long time.

Lore: A nuclear physicist and world renown opera vocalist that once worked as a lead engineer on the Reactor, Meridius was injured when rogue Freelancers assaulted the lab he worked in. The injury left him unable to speak, so he created a new voice-box using Reactor tech. He found out however that when he spoke to others using it, he would drain from or give energy to them. Using his new talent, he vowed to hunt down the Freelancers that injured him and find out who hired them to exact his revenge.

Skills: The best damn auto-tune you'll ever hear
    Known For: Bringing down the HOUSE
    Hobbies: Late nights watching silent horror films

HP - 180
    MS - 6 Squares

1 Vampiric Scream (Primary) - Meridius attacks with his voice in a short spread, damaging and siphoning energy from the enemies in range.
    Range - 160 degree cone, 2 squares
    DMG - 20 HP and 6 Energy Drain

Mods
    Shout It Out (2 pts) - Enemies in the spread are revealed until end of turn.
    Single Note (1 pts) - If only 1 enemy is in the spread, then they take an extra 5 Damage and 4 Energy Drain.
    Harmonic (3 pts) - Allies caught in the spread will gain 6 Energy
    Siphon (2 pts) - Gain 5 HP per enemy hit.

2 Sound of Silence (Prep - 5 CD) - Anyone moving or caught within range of this zone becomes scrambled until end of next turn and are Energy Drained each turn they are within it.
    Range - 3x3 zone, centered around Meridius
    DMG - 6 Energy Drain per enemy
    Duration - 2 Turns

Mods
    Inner Peace (3 pts) - Allies in the zone gain Might and Energized until the end of the next turn.
    Hot Blooded (2 pts) - Additionally, enemies walking through the zone also take 12 damage and are weakened until the end of next turn.
    Echo Chamber (3 pts) - The duration lasts 1 more turn, but CD is increased by 2.
    Falsetto (1 pts) - Additionally, enemies caught in the zone become slowed until the end of next turn.

3 Dance in the Dark (Dash - 5 CD) Meridius chooses between 3 separate locations, sending out images to each one and sapping enemies of their strength if the path goes through them. Afterwards Meridius will dash to the chosen location stealthed until the end of next turn. The images will remain until an enemy walks through them or hits them.
    Range - 6 squares
    DMG - 6 Energy Drain per enemy

Mods
    Light Step (2 pts) - Invisibility will last 1 extra turn.
    Flight of Fancy (2 pts) - Instead of turning invisible, Meridius will gain Energized and Unstoppable until end of next turn.
    Toe Tapper (1 pts) - Energy drain is increased by 4
    Just A Bite (3 pts) - Enemies hit are drained of 12 health and weakened until end of turn. Meridius gains half the health that was drained.

4 Metronome (Blast - 3 CD) Enemies in a line take Damage equal to the total amount of Energy Drained by Meridius the previous turn, plus an additional 10.
    Range - 8 squares, 1 1/2 square width.
    DMG - 10 DMG + Prev turn Energy Drain amount

Mods
    Balance The Scales (2 pts) - Allies hit are also given energy by the same amount.
    Siege Voice (2 pts) - Walls and cover no longer block the attack.
    Double Notes (3 pts) - Range of the skill is reduced by 3, but an additional line may be placed
    Stutter (1 pts) - Enemies hit cannot gain Energy next turn.

5 Grand Opera (Blast - Ultimate) Meridius pulls all enemies in range towards him, Damaging and Energy Draining them each, dividing the total amount drained between each ally that is within range.
    Range - 5 square radius
    DMG - 30 HP, 15 Energy

Mods
    Speechless (1 pts) - Allies within range all become Energized while enemies cannot gain energy next turn.
    Siren's Soiree (2 pts) - Enemies are scrambled and weakened until end of next turn.
    Encore (3 pts) - Enemies also lose an additional 10 HP and Energy the following turn if they are still within range.
    Broken Glass (2 pts) - Enemies also take 3 damage for every square they were pulled over.

This is new. But with his skill set/kit he is more to support instead. Another thing, don't banshees also drain energy from people by shouting and all? So maybe make his (can maybe become a she depending on how devs see it) Auto-tune Banshee?

It's sort of a hybrid of Frontline and Support, due to the fact that he almost has to be right up in the middle of battle to be able to use his skills, hence why his HP pool is so high. He's not the first lancer to be a hybrid anyways, PuP could almost be considered a Frontline lancer if his HP bar wasnt as low as it is.

As for the Banshee thing, I'll have to think about it. However Banshee's can be male as well, they don't have to be solely female, but it's a good thought for his name change instead of a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Remni View Post
    It's sort of a hybrid of Frontline and Support, due to the fact that he almost has to be right up in the middle of battle to be able to use his skills, hence why his HP pool is so high. He's not the first lancer to be a hybrid anyways, PuP could almost be considered a Frontline lancer if his HP bar wasnt as low as it is.

As for the Banshee thing, I'll have to think about it. However Banshee's can be male as well, they don't have to be solely female, but it's a good thought for his name change instead of a vampire.
    Oh ok i get it now (The frontliner part). And banshees can be male too? That's new (to me).

Gonna bump this up to see what others think

So...I like the concept, but I feel his (2) ability might be almost ult strong, and his (4) ability relatively weak. On his (2), it feels too much like a surplus mix of Quark's ult, PuP's ult (with energy dmg instead of health dmg) and Titus' roar. For a 5 turn CD (3 with brain juice) it just seems a little too strong (in my opinion). That being said, I like where the idea was headed. On his (4) I think it just needs a base damage amount, so that even if he hasn't managed to "sap" any energy the ability still does something. In addition I think the energy should be buildup style, as in he essentially has a pool it gets added to (possibly with a cap). Just my thoughts, but otherwise awesome idea.

Thanks for the response and I appreciate the feedback. You are right, the 2nd ability probably does seem a little stronger than it needs to be, perhaps the range itself could just be shortened to compensate. Make it a 3x3 square instead.

And the 4th ability, I can see what you mean about it. It does seem weak at first glance and it was meant to be paired with the 2nd ability and ultimate mostly, but if I'm to adjust then 2nd ability, then I should tune this one as well. Give it a 10 damage base to it.

It also looks like I need to adjust the ultimate as after looking at it again, the range on it is just a bit too far.

Ok, skills 2, 4 and the ulti have all been adjusted. Skill 2 had it's range lowered, skill 4 has a base damage of 10 now and the ultimate has had it's range lowered to 5, damage increased to 30 and energy damage decreased to 15.

+ Reply to Thread