+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Founder's Pack Updates and New Bundles

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Please keep in mind that anyone with simple access to Closed Beta will continue to have access until the game launches. Founder's Pack purchases and anyone that got $10 or more in credit packs will own the game upon launch.
    But the playerbase will be thin compared to a f2p game.
    I'm sorry but a huge playerbase is a must for a game with queues.
    I'm done with AR too.

Wow, I really didn't see this coming! Like the rest of the community, I really hope this works out for you guys; your marketing team have got a challenge ahead of them now

While I'm sure you've considered it already, I believe getting bigger YouTubers and streamers on-board could be a key to success. Having said that, I think it's important that you're selective on who you make aware of the game. The likes of Jesse Cox enjoys strategy based games and he doesn't seem to be money driven when it comes to supporting games he believes in. Obviously, he's just one example of many out there.

You guys have got this though, I believe in you and Atlas Reactor!

Question Steam Codes

What is the situation with Steam?
    1. Do you have to purchase a pack on Steam instead of Trion?
    2. What is the extent of the integration? Trading cards, Steam overlay etc.
    3. When is the expected Early Access Release Date on Steam?

A bold decision indeed, but one I welcome with open arms! This also got two of my friends to have more interest in the game again

Now, with people worried about it detering the 'F2P' filler in the playerbase for queues - Wouldn't it perhaps be a possible idea if Free to Play would still be possible, yet with no experience/progress, and only 'free rotation' characters to try out?

This way you'd have a sort-of trial experience for people to play along and try the game, with enough incentive for said players to decide on purchasing the game so they can participate in any progress, as well as the choice to play the character they truly want.

Also - Will this mean the cooperative mode and custom modes can be slightly more rewarding/challenging (read: fleshed out. I've never even fought an Elle/Rampart or Oz bot f.i. / iso reward) as a result of this decision? Without progress being the mechanic to revolve the system around as much, I don't see much harm allowing people to experience the game in the way they prefer without drastic penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandling View Post
    I've never even fought an Elle/Rampart or Oz bot f.i.
    Not to derail the conversation or anything, but consider yourself lucky.

Will steam keys be provided for people who have already bought the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandling View Post
    A bold decision indeed, but one I welcome with open arms! This also got two of my friends to have more interest in the game again

Now, with people worried about it detering the 'F2P' filler in the playerbase for queues - Wouldn't it perhaps be a possible idea if Free to Play would still be possible, yet with no experience/progress, and only 'free rotation' characters to try out?

This way you'd have a sort-of trial experience for people to play along and try the game, with enough incentive for said players to decide on purchasing the game so they can participate in any progress, as well as the choice to play the character they truly want.

Also - Will this mean the cooperative mode and custom modes can be slightly more rewarding/challenging (read: fleshed out. I've never even fought an Elle/Rampart or Oz bot f.i. / iso reward) as a result of this decision? Without progress being the mechanic to revolve the system around as much, I don't see much harm allowing people to experience the game in the way they prefer without drastic penalty.
    It may do a worst job for game.
    Also same LoL which is most popular game all over the world have Q problems in specific periods, when game starts in 5 minutes instead of 20 seconds, so B2P model will have Q problems, on release it will be normal and quite good in Prime-time, but just after some months you will feel difference.
    This game have very specific gameplay, that is not very popular in mass, to take example of Xcom 2, that have huge promotion even from great magazines and Steam have now just 4-5k 24h peak all over the world (more than 9m copies sold), so to have about 1 minute Q game should be global (that's somehow OK to play with ping 300, but not more cos delay will be very annoying) and beat Xcom 2 online about 5-times minimum (on release online will be good, but it will decrease over time, important to make players stay in game longer and grinding for new characters (like in LoL or SMITE) and leveling them up is helping somehow, but heavy grind may kill online too, also B2P game mustn't be grindy too... What can I say ? Good luck. Hope they have really good ideas how to make game and its online enough good, but I have bad feelings about that and this situation reminds me very, very familiar story.

While I'm not sure if this is the best idea, I trust that you guys know what your doing and support the idea. I think the $20-$30 price range is very reasonable. I'm also thankful that you are giving those of us that only have a minor investment in the game ($10) a copy.

Also for those saying "the player-base is going to be too small, I quit" should wait it out and see if it is at launch. I think the game will still grow and be large enough to have reasonable queue times.

If it was F2P people would have complain about it too, all i see is alots of people like the game and really care about the future of AR

Just trust the developpers guys, i think they are more aware of us about what to do ...

Anyway iam pleased to see this changes because, i found that every moba with F2P models, got some OP heroes when they are released, i guess this problem will be probably solved with AR

Thinking several steps ahead, you will realize this is a very smart strategy from devs.

Because this game is different. Skill, swiftness, predictions, and luck is what matters to win. So anyone can jump in to this game, at any time, without having to worry about power/exp gap. The free rotation weekend can help with the playerbase issue later. What devs need to do, is keep up with contents: add maps, lancers, etc; and keep promoting the game (I hope they cooperate with hardware makers too).

One thing for sure, that $10 pack will make you EXTREMELY happy if you don't procrastinate and get that founder status now. So skip a few Starbucks and secure your spot; free future lancers for 10-bucks is simply too good to be true.

+ Reply to Thread