+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Founder's Pack Updates and New Bundles

Amazing. I love the new direction of the game's payment model. Thanks!

do you have an ETA for when the changes to founder pack goodies will go into effect? I've bought the $24.99 pack but am not seeing any of the associated bonuses (skins, taunts etc.) when I log in. the only change I'm seeing is the hero roster being fully unlocked.

edit: just read the whole thread, cba to rephrase the question :P
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

Okay, I (sorta) posted this in the discord before realising this'd be a much better place.

I feel that if you're gonna go down this route it would be MUCH better to do the whole smite "god pack" thing (i.e. a one off pack you can buy that gives you access to all freelancers current and future), which is practicaly the same as the B2P model you're currently planing on except that you get to keep the F2P classification (and the large influx of players who will ONLY play F2P games)

I've heard NOTHING but praise for smite's god pack, and pretty much anyone who plays the game at all has it

Yet take, for example, the people who consider battleborn a MOBA, and I hear nothing but complaints about how people how to pay for a MOBA. You also hear a ton of complaints about any sort of addition purchase mechanism inside a B2P game (i.e. skins)

In conclusion: I'm worried that the B2P model will drive away a lot of people who only want to play F2P games, regardless of how much they actualy end up paying in the end, particularly when there is a slightly different model that allows the best of both worlds

Well, there goes this game.

This really sucks... I've already asked for a refund of this game. $30 will end up killing this game easily, 10 bucks wouldn't be so bad, but the player base will fall drastically for 30 bucks. This means our queue times will just get worse, if that is even possible during this closed beta. This game had such potential and I love it, I got 5 of my friends into it, but no one else is going to jump into this game for 30, well most people won't. RIP AR.

5.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #25
    Community Manager
    Please keep in mind that anyone with simple access to Closed Beta will continue to have access until the game launches. Founder's Pack purchases and anyone that got $10 or more in credit packs will own the game upon launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Please keep in mind that anyone with simple access to Closed Beta will continue to have access until the game launches. Founder's Pack purchases and anyone that got $10 or more in credit packs will own the game upon launch.
    So, if I purchase $10 next week I will own the game upon launch? Or is this exclusively for those who have spent $10 before this announcement?

7.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #27
    Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ropi View Post
    So, if I purchase $10 next week I will own the game upon launch? Or is this exclusively for those who have spent $10 before this announcement?
    You can still purchase the founder's packs until mid next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    You can still purchase the founder's packs until mid next week.
    So i get the founder pack is available for a few more days, but can you confirms specifically that even founder packs purchased AFTER this announcement still count for permanent ownership of the game?

Absolutely they do. That wouldn't make much sense otherwise. Any purchase of a pack/bundle gets you the game. It says so in the charts above.

this is FREAKING awesome. the $100 bundle is legit now. thank you so much for showing your appreciation for early backers, you guys did it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Bababaa View Post
    Okay, I (sorta) posted this in the discord before realising this'd be a much better place.

I feel that if you're gonna go down this route it would be MUCH better to do the whole smite "god pack" thing (i.e. a one off pack you can buy that gives you access to all freelancers current and future), which is practicaly the same as the B2P model you're currently planing on except that you get to keep the F2P classification (and the large influx of players who will ONLY play F2P games)

I've heard NOTHING but praise for smite's god pack, and pretty much anyone who plays the game at all has it

Yet take, for example, the people who consider battleborn a MOBA, and I hear nothing but complaints about how people how to pay for a MOBA. You also hear a ton of complaints about any sort of addition purchase mechanism inside a B2P game (i.e. skins)

In conclusion: I'm worried that the B2P model will drive away a lot of people who only want to play F2P games, regardless of how much they actualy end up paying in the end, particularly when there is a slightly different model that allows the best of both worlds

I feel the same way. I think F2P with the all access pass for $30 would be a great way to satisfy both target markets. I think the $30 paywall is going to be a big deterrent for new players. I love this game, and I would drop $30 on it to have access to all champs, however, I don't think I would have dropped that much money before playing the game. I probably would have just passed it over like many other games. I really hope they have a great marketing department, because this one is going to be a tough sell for new players who don't know anything about the game.

+ Reply to Thread