+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Founder's Pack Updates and New Bundles

I'm fine with whatever the developers think is reasonable and is not unreasonable. And this is reasonable.

My only concern, is unlocking characters is fun. It makes dailies fun. Unlocking other stuff isn't so great. So, long-term, giving everyone the freelancers seems like it will take away some of the incentive to play every day and do the dailies etc.

2.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifou View Post
    That's nice !
    Will every pack buyer have their bonuses at the same time ? I know someone who already received his rewards but I did not, so I wonder. x)
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to provide an update from CS regarding this issue. We're working to get those bonuses active as soon as possible, and you should be seeing them on your accounts soon! For now, don't be alarmed if they aren't showing up on your account just yet, as we're still in the process of rolling this out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
    RIP this game's player base. With a pay to play model the max possible player base for this type of game just dwindled drastically. I don't care that I got a "$30 game for $10." I'd much rather have people to play with. I know none of my friends will be even trying the game now.
    In 6 months this game will be forced to go into a free to play model and at that point will probably be too late to bring in a large flux of players. It's incredibly rare for games to bounce back from a poor launch.
    Lol calm down Debbie Downer, you're being so presumptuous about things.

It was good while it lasted, farewell Atlas Reactor

EDIT: I want this game to be successful but I believe it will be harder to find a match when CBT ends. I hope I'm wrong but that's what usually happens...

5.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #15
    Community Manager
    When I first heard about this plan I expressed the very same concerns. It started a large discussion, but we wouldn't have moved forward if we didn't have plans/solutions for this issue. I can give you a little insight into how we are addressing it, but some topics can't be discussed quite yet; Timing is everything.

We just put up our "coming soon" page on Steam!

We plan on having Open Weekends and other forms of free events for players to jump in an experience it.

We are going to be implementing a "Refer a Friend" program soon that allows that friend to jump in and play for free for a limited time. Which means the more you get the word out there, the more you can directly help with the issues you are concerned with.

There are other plans as well, but as stated, we need to keep them quiet for now. Know that we hear AND understand your concerns regarding gating the community size behind a buy in. The discussions have been had and are even still happening in some ways. Thank you for caring enough to post, but realize that there are always plans that players won't know about immediately and often times those plans help to alleviate the stress behind these worries.

Muzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Xelluse View Post
    Now matchfinder takes about 1-5 minutes to start game and you really think that for 29.99$ it will takes less time ? Don't think it's a good idea especially for MOBA style. Also from today I'm really sure that many players who was looking to try this game will not even touch it, it's a good game, but have very specific gameplay to be very popular even in TBS player base.

Agree, Blizz really have huge reputation and $ to make Overwach enough profitable, but B2P will extremely cut player number by regions and will increase lobby waiting time, it's already in specific period impossible to find group to play with and don't think it will change after release. There are just some games that are B2P and have enough good online, like CS:GO for example, but Valve does quite huge sales (75-90%) that increases or locks player base in specific number. And I think that AR or will die or will one day go F2P anyway (hope I'm wrong).
    I fully agree.

During the morning it is already difficult to find team and B2P will get even more difficult.
    In another point of view, the B2P is good since it will prevent the entry into mass toxic players only spoil the community.
    But from another point of view, many good players will not even look at the game just knowing that will have to buy. And another thing, as is the other regions of the world?
    I for example live in Brazil, and many know that econimia here this garbage! and $ Dolar for us this very expensive ranging from x3 to x4 times.
    So just imagine that 90% of Brazilian players will not even look at the game just knowing that will have to buy at a higher price 3x or x4.

To be cincero, I did not hate the idea of B2P, but I'm on the fence ..
    Sorry for my terrible English.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    When I first heard about this plan I expressed the very same concerns. It started a large discussion, but we wouldn't have moved forward if we didn't have plans/solutions for this issue. I can give you a little insight into how we are addressing it, but some topics can't be discussed quite yet; Timing is everything.

We just put up our "coming soon" page on Steam!

We plan on having Open Weekends and other forms of free events for players to jump in an experience it.

We are going to be implementing a "Refer a Friend" program soon that allows that friend to jump in and play for free for a limited time. Which means the more you get the word out there, the more you can directly help with the issues you are concerned with.

There are other plans as well, but as stated, we need to keep them quiet for now. Know that we hear AND understand your concerns regarding gating the community size behind a buy in. The discussions have been had and are even still happening in some ways. Thank you for caring enough to post, but realize that there are always plans that players won't know about immediately and often times those plans help to alleviate the stress behind these worries.

Muzzy
    Nice changes. I actually really like this

Quote Originally Posted by Famoso View Post
    I fully agree.

During the morning it is already difficult to find team and B2P will get even more difficult.
    I don't understand this point of view since the game is currently in a closed beta? Most of the players in the game now have bought a founder's pack, haven't they? Plenty of F2P games fail just as many B2P games fail, so I'm a bit surprised to see people jumping to the conclusion the game is doomed.

With Overwatch and Battleborn also being B2P I'm curious to see how this lineup pans out. While F2P has its place in the market I'm down for having some B2P options as well. Also keep in mind that if Atlas Reactor is coming to Steam that leaves it available for Steam Sales and Free Weekends which are both great for drumming up interest. I think this will help get the word out and keep the game humming along.

Although I prefer bought games to F2P games, generally, the whole "and future heroes" things makes me a bit nervous about where the money to keep the servers running and new content coming out is coming from. At least if they said "you'll get all of the heroes at launch and we'll sell cosmetics and extra heroes", you'd know where that money was coming from. Cosmetics alone seems a bit thin. I'd almost rather they said they'd charge for heroes so that I knew where the monetization was coming from in the future.

Plus, this change says to me that they're exiting testing with statistics that make them think that the average player will spend less than $20-30 on the game before losing interest, which isn't promising.

And, as other players have said- what does this mean for the player base they'll attract?

Oh well. My nervousness aside, they buy-to-play model is one I'd prefer personally and I'm still looking forward to playing more Atlas Reactor at launch. Hope this new business model works out for them and wish them best of luck for a successful launch. I've got my founders pack and look forward to playing some more.

10.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #20
    Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by delor View Post
    Although I prefer bought games to F2P games, generally, the whole "and future heroes" things makes me a bit nervous about where the money to keep the servers running and new content coming out is coming from. At least if they said "you'll get all of the heroes at launch and we'll sell cosmetics and extra heroes", you'd know where that money was coming from. Cosmetics alone seems a bit thin. I'd almost rather they said they'd charge for heroes so that I knew where the monetization was coming from in the future.
    We are actually doing just that! Get the game and cosmetics are still purchasable.

+ Reply to Thread