+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Movement cancelling.

Movement cancelling.

Would you guys proffer if ESC would cancel the previous "step" rather than the whole movement?

also if that's something the devs could do, but don't want to do. could you please add a toggle for it?

I would prefer that actions and movement are seperate "lockins".

then have a seperate cancel button for each. Its not like we are using the keyboard for much of anything in the game, so there are plenty of keys to use.

3.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #3
    Community Manager
    Interesting take Joviex. One thing to think about though is that the game uses very few keys and is actually incredibly accessible, especially for disabled players. Adding keys may not be the best solution, but the sentiment of what you are saying feels good to me. I'll bring this whole conversation up with the devs. Thanks for posting!

You could always offer it as part of customization.
    Offer the functionality as-is as the default, then let players custom bind actions like cancel last movement node, force non-follow movement (like the current double-click) or toggling freelancer cooldowns

The 20 sec frame becomes much easier the more you get familiar with the game and all it's lancers. Also, it's much easier if you're playing with a group. Waiting till the final second to see what everyone else is doing while having no communication makes for last second choices. Which, in turn causes the problems you are having.

#ItsAllInTheWrist

Sorry for Necro but.. Did they ever develop a movement cancelling button? Esc spamming just isnt a good way to cancel it, even the amount of escs to cancel seems to vary... not very intuitive

/Great! didnt know that was a thing it was never in the tutorial, ty!

7.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #7
    Community Manager
    Shift + Left Click will create a new path, unless you have it in your settings for Shift + left click to create a new waypoint <in that case, just left clicking will create a new path.

I agree that the escape key is definitely a recipe for frustration when doing it in the final few seconds. I've had far fewer frustrations since switching to the way Muzzy suggests.

The only issue is when you decide you don't want to move at all. That doesn't come up very often, but just saw that in a game where someone realized the power-up they were on would appear at the end of this turn.

I just hopped in to a practice match to see how ESC works. It seems a little buggy! It undoes things in reverse order that you entered them... most of the time. For example:
    * Place a 2-square movement
    * Place a shot
    * Activate a catalyst
    * Place a different shot (cancelling the first shot)
    ESC (undoes the shot)
    ESC (undoes the catalyst)
    ESC (undoes the movement)

So I was thinking "great, to cancel a move completely, place a new one and then hit escape".
    * Place a movement
    * Place a shot
    * shift click a new movement
    ESC (Whoops! This undoes the shot)

9.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #9
    Community Manager
    interesting! when I ran into that problem I found that I just shift click on myself and it cancels movement.

if i ever click on a square, then realize I want to take a different path to that same square, I have to shift click somewhere else and then way point with normal click to it.

Ah, nice!

+ Reply to Thread