+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Template for Submission

1.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

Template for Submission

Here are some tips for creating a readable kit design
    • You don't have to use this template, but it will help organize it for easier viewing
    • Try not to use actual numbers. Instead use "Small, Med, Large" for damage, "Short, Med, Long" for distance and cooldowns.
    • Sometimes you can't avoid using numbers, but keeping it to a minimum helps the idea of the kit get through without distracting people with the balance of the kit
    • All Primary abilities have 0 cooldown and are Blast phase abilities
    • Try to look at other official kits in the game to see what kinds of ranges,damage, and cooldowns are associated with eachother. Also the wording of things in game can be reused to great effect here.
    • You don't have to create mods and you can leave out whichever pieces of information you want, but a more complete kit is easier to understand usually.
    • Try new things, Try familiar things, Try ALL the things!

Good luck and we can't wait to see what you come up with!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Name:

Role:

Description:
    2-3 sentences of gameplay flavor and lore flavor as it relates to playstyle.

Primary (1) (Blast): "Name"
    • type of targeter
    • description

2 (Phase): "Name"
    • type of targeter
    • description

3 (Phase): "Name"
    • type of targeter
    • description

4 (Phase): "Name"
    • type of targeter
    • description

Ult (Phase): "Name"
    • type of targeter
    • description

Primary Mods:
    • "name"- cost - description

2 Mods:

3 Mods:

4 Mods:

Ult Mods:

Lore
    Any story that you'd like to include. This is a great place to get really descriptive about what the lancer looks like.

To anyone who manages the Forums: Thank you very much for creating this section.

I love this.

That is all.

Muzzy what do you mean by "Type of targeter" for the ability? Well I suppose you mean how you aim it but can you tell me the different targeter types and an example of current in game abilities have them?

I too would like to know this info!
    Keep Moving Forward -Monty Oum

Quote Originally Posted by NoonOnyx View Post
    Muzzy what do you mean by "Type of targeter" for the ability? Well I suppose you mean how you aim it but can you tell me the different targeter types and an example of current in game abilities have them?
    it basically means how you target the ability, whether it's a line (like Nix's primary), cone (Zuki's sticky grenades), rectangle (Aurora's paralazer), self-buff (Elle's overcharge), targeted buff (Finn's bubble), double target deploy (Gremo's primary), etc.

you can p. much come up with any kind/shape of targeter for your lancer's abilities, depending on what you want them to do.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

Will you ever put an idea we put here into the game without letting us knowing?

Founder
    I think the point of this section of the forums are meant for us, the creative bunch, to spread our concepts in hope of reaching the development stage. Whether as a whole or a combination of other concepts or purposely to spark the initiative for a whole new concept for the developers. I am sure each contributor would be credited no matter how important you were along the process. I just hope, the few that do contribute get to see the progress of how they affected the 'Freelancer' concept and if they are really generous a personalized skin platelet.

+ Reply to Thread