+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Freelancer and Why? Top 3

Best Freelancer and Why? Top 3

This is my list tell me yours and what you think about mine. do you agree disagree
    These are freelancers that you can throw on to any team and do well solo or with pubs you never met.

1. Grey when built right greys damage vs invisible and groups can be catastrophically devastating to a enemy team. Thrown into any team works great

2. Zuki Listed as hard this no brain hero is clearly more then she seems to be easily the second most destructive damage wise Thrown into any team works great

3.Garrison I'd have to say a fan favorite here this man tops damage charts while rearranging the faces of the new pleb on the block Easily a Solo bruiser when built to kill and great at setting up the kill or massive damage. hes more then a melee hes a scary armored Hero

1: Zuki. If you are good at predicting the enemy's movement she's insanely good. Her damage can carry teams easily.
    2: PuP, specifically Stealth or Damage. His basic is crazy.
    3: Asana. She can build mixes of Damage/Support/Tank and get away with it.

Front Line: Rampart
    Suport: Helio/Clark
    Damage: Zuki/Grey/Gremolitions

In my opinion from what I've played,

Grey is definitely top tier and so is Nix. At this point they have the most damage output, this is of course not including a really good Pup.

Lockwood is good simply for his adaptability. He can do anything well, and he can counter anything well.

1. Grey. Range, safety, long range auto and escapes, free action prep on two targets that reveals and weakens, and decent damage

Possible fix: Remove free action prep ability booster. Possible increase drone CD

2. PuP. High damage healing auto, the utility of a support and tanking of a front line, invisibility and might for 3 turns is far too much.

Possible fix: Reduce base health to compensate for heal and utility with stealth or remove stealth from prowl - add track to all attacks for 3 turns instead. Think blood hound.

3 Big drop off here, and these are probably in a good place. Helio and Rask. Helio is a wombo combo, support tank, who can cause crazy damage with traps and protect way safer than other healers and doubles as off tank.

Small touches if any. Minus 10 hp on Helio and reduce range on rask knock back by 1.

Honorable mention, Rask. Crazy heal, long range knock backs wombo combos with helio and a trap comp.

Damage: Grey. Too much free damage / utility that doesn't require skill or prediction.
    Support: Helio. Not "OP" but easily best out of 3 available supports. I feel like Quark and Aurora deserve some buffs / tweaks rather than Helio needs nerf.
    Tank: PuP. I know he is considered firepower by developers but in reality his insane heal make his effective HP pool larger than most frontliners not to mention very high damage.

PuP is my favorite so far (Well, I only played PuP but I saw all the freelancers in action).

My build: the 50% dmg reduction, medium range teleport and reduced cooldown catalysts.
    The dmg bonus on next bite, increased range on both the dash/jump and grab, the jump for the stealth skill, and the dmg bonus on close ennemies for the ultimate.

I wouldn't say he's overpowered tho, because you can't really do much when you have a bad team.
    Yes you can survive but if everyone play badly and die you're useless (some freelancers can "carry" way better imo like Asana by protecting allies and still having a nice dmg output or Grey with giving vision to allies wich is really important).
    You don't really have aoes except for your ultimate and the bite (wich requires good positioning and the ennemies to be next to each other) but other freelancer's aoes are easier to use.

But I had some epic games with great teams (I think they'll recognize themselves if they see this post) and we were godlike (we even beat a team of lvl 20s wich were obviously on teamspeak with the plays they pulled).

As for my favorite team I'd go for PuP, Grey, Asana, and either Lockwood/Zuki/Grem.
    I played 3 days and got to 1750 Elo only playing PuP and I love him.

Love the game <3

Personally I had the most fun and success with Aurora. Depending on team comp I could tune her more offensively or defensively, pump her heals a bit for more squishy teams or focus more on damage/utility for higher HP team comps, and in many cases keep a teammate barely alive just long enough to get their ult or escape.

Grey, Nix, PuP

Grey: I didn't get a chance to play them during the beta, but I don't think that I had a game where there wasn't a Grey on both teams. Way too much versatility, zoning ability combined with solid (free) damage in the same kit. Looked a bit boring for my taste, honestly, but I don't think there was a game where Grey didn't lead on damage and zone power. I agree with Phenomen, too much free damage (especially with a perma lingering damage area).

Nix: Another I didn't play during the test (I played mostly supports). Annoying, powerful and probably the best assassin in the game combined with one of the best ultimates. Up there with Grey on popularity with the games I played. Very good at cleanup if you learn to have good positioning in this game, as well as great "free" damage with large 'wall' of damage he can set up.

PuP: I would like to say highest constant damage in the game, but I'm not 100% sure. Great front line ability combined with stealth. Strangely rare (contrary to what I've seen on streams) for me, but I basically got carried whenever I had one of these in my game.

My personal favorite: Lockwood. Just strong enough, just enough utility. A great balance of utility and power combined with his play making ulti. I played the most on this character out of any other. Very slippery when his kit is set up with escape in mind, and in my opinion, quite hard to kill without team coordination or without trading 1 for 1. In addition to that, he is great at cleanup. The only reason why he isn't top 3 is because the top 3 each have something that makes them borderline op, or OP, while Lockwood is, imo, a Jack of All Trades.

+ Reply to Thread