PDA

View Full Version : Rampart Wall

Eliotthib
06-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Ramparts wall width is deceptively large. It covers 5 squares without showing it.

I've also had some complete BS go on with it as well. I Evo's Lab the enemy team had a Rampart use his wall near the center behind one of the half covers. I was pup standing 1 square southwest away leashing Quark on the OTHER side, Quark was behind the other half cover. So even though ramparts wall is only three visibly a quark that was 4 squares away from rampart benefitted from his wall due to the angle.

Not only should the angle not make one bit of difference, his wall should either be properly animated or fixed. I'm absolutely sick of this bug.

[] - Empty Space.
- - Filler for the forum post.
Letters - Characters.
= - Rampart wall.

Q[][][]R
------===
[][][]P[]

Rampart's (R) wall was south of him, Quark (Q) was behind half cover. I believe since my leash crossed the thresh hold of his one extra invisible wall it simply passed through quark doing nothing. And this has happened on multiple different occasions. I've even taken to playing rampart because his wall is so much stronger than it seems.

This:
[][]R[]Q
--===
[][][]P[]
Will prevent Q from being hit if you attack from P even though it's a clear shot. Please fix the over protection or at least make it visible. I don't remember trying to attack from directly in front of Q but I will try to test it and edit this post. Regardless if that works, attack targets near his shield should be no different than attacking around corners.

Muzzy
06-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Thanks for bringing this up! I'll be checking with the devs to see if this is a bug or working as intended.