PDA

View Full Version : Computer Keeps shutting Off

Frelong
04-10-2016, 05:19 AM
This has happened in the past couple of days. When I'm about to start a game, my computer shuts off by itself. Take in mind, I'm also paying Black Desert Online (not at the same time) and it does not happen, even though I believe is a more graphically demanding game than Alpha Reactor. Even if I reduce the graphics settings, the game will still make my computer shut off. I do apologize, I am NOT a computer savvy, therefore I am not able to diagnose possible troubleshoots to fix it. Wanted to enjoy the game, but not sure what is going on. Any helpful and positive feedback is appreciated.

Firefly1
04-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Hmm thats a very unusual situation you're having.

Try this:
Go to run --> type in "Event Viewer" without the ""
That should open up the Event Viewer Program. Under the "Summary of Administrative Events" tab, check the "Critical" row. Does it record any critical events? If there are, you can get more details by right-clicking on the row, and select "View all instances of this Event"

Frelong
04-10-2016, 09:53 AM
After checking the critical row, this is the description it gives "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Warfyre
04-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Do you have any utilities which can monitor your system temperatures? Atlas Reactor is deceptively CPU intensive, it could be your CPU is overheating and forcing a shut down.

Frelong
04-10-2016, 10:48 PM
I also downloaded one of those after researching a bit through the handy-dandy google... However when I saw the temperature it topped around 50-60 degrees F.

Warfyre
04-11-2016, 07:11 AM
60 degrees F? That can't be right for a CPU temperature. Should be well above that even with the system idle.

Firefly1
04-11-2016, 09:08 AM
perhaps where he lives polar bears are a more common sighting than people

Pixelmancer
04-16-2016, 05:01 AM
60 degrees F? That can't be right for a CPU temperature. Should be well above that even with the system idle.

Only with a crappy stock cooler on a CPU that's way too fast to be using a stock cooler. I have a cheapo AIO cooler and I idle in the low to middle thirties.

perhaps where he lives polar bears are a more common sighting than people

I live in Texas. We aren't exactly known for polar bears. It has nothing to do with location. That's not at all a weird temperature.

Warfyre
04-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Only with a crappy stock cooler on a CPU that's way too fast to be using a stock cooler. I have a cheapo AIO cooler and I idle in the low to middle thirties.

You idle near the freezing point of water? Must be a nice cooler.

Pixelmancer
04-17-2016, 12:08 AM
It looks like I didn't notice the original guy said Fahrenheit. PC temperatures are usually in Celsius, so I assumed that's what he meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Still, 60F isn't impossible. Various kinds of cooling will let you go below ambient temperature. Peltier coolers and phase change coolers for example.

Pflock
03-01-2017, 06:24 PM
I have the sampe Prob.

i7 6700k Watercoold Temp 40-50Celsius (the possible max. temp from cpu is 100C)
gtx 1080 Watercoold Temp 30-45C (Possible max temp is 80C)
16gb ram 3600Mhz

The pc take off completly random-Only in this game.
No ideas?

C3NTURION
03-01-2017, 06:44 PM
I have the sampe Prob.

i7 6700k Watercoold Temp 40-50Celsius (the possible max. temp from cpu is 100C)
gtx 1080 Watercoold Temp 30-45C (Possible max temp is 80C)
16gb ram 3600Mhz

The pc take off completly random-Only in this game.
No ideas?

No ideas, but I'm jealous as hell of your rig o.O

Dbrinem
03-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Is there a specific part of the game that causes the PC to shut down?

Loading screen? Title Screen? Decision Mode? Pick & Ban selection?

I find it unlikely that just Atlas Reactor would be causing your PC to shut down.

Hesk
03-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Hello! If the issue persists, I would recommend completing these steps, then submitting a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com if that does not resolve the issue.

https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203679217-Resolving-Crashing-Issues

Kujo
03-04-2017, 07:40 PM
PC turning off is usually a symptom of something wrong at the power supply. Either overheating or too much power being drawn from one of the supply rails.