PDA

View Full Version : Enemy team visible before game start

Phenomen
02-25-2016, 12:17 AM
Before game start when camera moving over battlefield there is no fog of war and you can see enemy freelancers positions. It makes some tactics very easy to predict when you know turn 1 starting positions.

Bloodspeaker
02-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Well, those positions never change; start locations are the same for a given map, every match. The only potential uncertainty would be what freelancer starts in what position. And since both sides start with the same advantage, it's a net zero sum, tactically speaking.

Phenomen
02-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Yes I'm talking about freelancers position. If you see some frontliner rusher on the right side you can expect in most cases that he will appear from right and prepare traps / prefire. I think starting positions should be hidden.

Bloodspeaker
02-25-2016, 11:29 PM
It's still not a real advantage, when both sides get the same "preview".

Olliff
02-26-2016, 06:41 PM
I would like a confirmation if this intentional. As long as both sides, get the information, I see no harm to it.

Joviex
02-26-2016, 11:07 PM
Yes I'm talking about freelancers position. If you see some frontliner rusher on the right side you can expect in most cases that he will appear from right and prepare traps / prefire. I think starting positions should be hidden.

Completely false.

Just because he is on the right doesnt mean anything.

With Adreneline boost on Rask, Garrison, Helio, etc... I can literally dash from one side of the board to the other on turn 1 (cloudspire), and PAST the 50% mark on the large map.

Your starting position is pretty meaningless when the enemy can stomp on your face in one step.